Breast Cancer Charity Events in Fairfield County
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Every October, agencies, organizations, and associations come together as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Here is a list of Fairfield County organizations and charities that are coming together to raise awareness to help save lives.
Stamford Hospital's annual fundraising events "stress the importance of regular screenings and early detection" and highlight "the services available right here in our community."
Join in the fun (see a full calendar of events) and raise awareness and money to support Stamford Hospital's breast cancer programs.
- October 3, Paint the Town Pink Golf Tournament at Brennan Golf Course, Stamford
- October 4, A Taste of Italy with Atria at Pellicci’s Ristorante, Stamford
- October 5, Girlfriends Luncheon at The Italian Center, Stamford
- October 6, Mobile Mammography Screenings at Trinity Catholic High School. Stamford
- October 6, Scoring Touchdowns for the Cause at Stamford fields
- October 9, A Night of Shopping at Agabhumi The Best of Bali, Stamford
- October 11, Pretty In Pink at Alfya Skin Care, New Canaan
- October 12, BUtterfield 8 Goes Pink at BUtterfield Restaurant & Lounge, Stamford
- October 13, Girls' Night Out with Giuliana Rancic at Palace Theatre, Stamford
- October 17, Fashion Show at Saks Fifth Avenue, Stamford
- October 18. A Pinch of Pink Food & Wine Expo, Norwalk
- October 21, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer at Sherwood Island, Westport
- October 24, Save 2nd Base at Nagi Jewelers, Stamford
- October 25, Key to the Treasure Chest! at Lux Bond & Green, Greenwich
- October 26, Go Pink Day at Trinity Catholic High School, Stamford
- October 29, Treats & Treasures at Tully Health Center, Stamford
- October 30, Survivor Lecture Series at Tully Health Center, Stamford
SPLURGE Donates Scarves for Cancer Patients at Greenwich Hospital
In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness month, SPLURGE Unique Gifts, Home Décor and Jewelry will donate pashmina scarves to patients undergoing chemotherapy treatments at the Cancer Institute at Greenwich Hospital. From October 1st to October 31st, SPLURGE will donate a beautiful pashmina scarf to a chemotherapy patient with every purchase of $150 or more. Customers are invited to hand write an encouraging note to the patient receiving the scarf. In the event that a customer would like to give a scarf without meeting the minimum purchase, scarves are available for sale at a discounted price of only $20 each.
SPLURGE is located at 39 Lewis Street in Greenwich, CT.
Open Monday through Saturday 10am – 6pm and Sunday by appointment.
Contact Sonia Sotire Malloy 203-869-7600
Upcoming events to help fund innovative breast cancer research and to promote breast health through education and outreach.
BCA Annual Flag Raising Ceremony
Monday, October 1, 11:00am
Greenwich Town Hall
101 Field Point Road, Greenwich
The Power of Pink 17th Annual Benefit Luncheon and Fashion Show
Thursday, October 25th 11:00 am at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Greenwich
The BCA and Mitchells/Ritchards features keynote speaker Lee Woodruff, journalist, author, and regular contributor for “CBS This Morning”. Together we are powerful in the fight against breast cancer!
To request an invitation or to make a donation, call the BCA office at 203.861.0014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Play for P.I.N.K. (Prevention, Immediate diagnosis, New technology, Knowledge)
Fashion Show and Brunch
Thursday, October 18th, 10:30am at Saks Fifth Avenue, Greenwich
Saks Fifth Avenue will host its 15th annual Key to the Cure to benefit Cancercare. Cancercare offers free professional support services to anyone affected by any type of cancer. Since Key to the Cure's inception in 1999 the company has donated over $32 million to women’s cancer organizations throughout the United States.
Tickets are $45 per person with 100% of the ticket proceeds benefiting Cancercare’s free, professional support services for anyone affected by cancer.
For more information, please call 203-862-5308.
For more details about Key to the Cure and Cancer Care's other upcoming fundraising events like the Blocks of Love-LEGO Expo in Bridgeport, CT
For more information please contact Jennifer Keller at email@example.com.
Cancercare is located at 535 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 104, in Norwalk, CT (203) 854-9911.
Lace up your running shoes and participate in the Race for the Cure and the 3 Day Walk for the Cure events, and/or donate to their research foundation (now in it's 31st year). You can also shop for clothing and accessories for the whole family like a Vineyard Vines pink ribbon tie at ShopKomen (25% of the proceeds go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.)
Created in 1994, the EIF Revlon Run/Walks, along with sponsors and participants, have distributed over 65 million dollars in the fight against woman’s cancers. Check out their website and sign up for NYC's 2012 Race on May 5th.
20% of each retail sale of any ‘pink’ purchase made at the Greenwich store for the month of October will be donated to the Norma F Pfriem Breast Cancer Center.