Part five of our six part series of top-notch services and amenities at our local hospitals
"The Regional Center for Health"
Stamford Hospital is a 305-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing Fairfield and Westchester County residents access to the latest technology with a compassionate, patient-centered care approach. Stamford is a Level II trauma center with a nationally recognized adult intensive care unit.
The Hollander Family Birthing Center has been designed with your family's well-being as their first priority. Offering an advanced level of medical care for mothers and babies, the most caring doctors, comfortable and welcoming facilities, and a wide variety of education and support services, in a high-tech setting that they has been carefully designed to be friendly and beautiful.
Facilities & Amenities—
- 12 Birthing Rooms: private, spacious, well-equipped birthing rooms, enable you to check in, labor, deliver and recover in one comfortable, beautifully decorated space. In addition to having state-of-the-art medical equipment, each room has its own large shower and bathroom facilities, a computer hook-up with Internet access, color TV, telephone and stereo system, comfortable seating for labor coaches, lots of storage space for personal belongings—along with original artwork on the walls and an exterior view of our lovely private courtyard.
- 32 Postpartum Recovery Rooms: private, individually decorated in natural, soothing tones, with a large bathroom and shower. There is plenty of space for baby to room-in, if desired; comfortable seating for visitors; television, telephone and stereo systems.
- 2 operating theaters for cesarean section deliveries, equipped for high-risk deliveries and multiple births.
For those coping with a chronic or disabling illness or injury, Stamford Hospital's 17-bed, acute inpatient rehabilitation center provides the specialized physical & occupational therapy necessary to restore mobility and independence—and get back home. Accredited by the Joint Commission, the Van Munching Rehabilitation Unit has a highly trained, Multidisciplinary Team of experienced caregivers, Physiatrists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Rehabilitation Nurses and others will carefully and critically assess each patient upon admission.
- State-of-the-art rehabilitation technology including gym and equipment.
- Rehabilitation patients receive up to three hours of aggressive physical therapy, six days a week.
- Psychological and Spiritual Counseling are also available for patients coping with a severe trauma, illness or injury.
Located at the Tully Health Center facilities/thc.aspx and Darien Medical Center. Their Expert Team of Rehab Professionals includes Occupational and Physical Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologist, Rehab Psychologist, and Respiratory Therapists. The team works with patients and their physicians toward the goals of restoring mobility, improving function and enhancing the quality of life. During treatment, patients are educated about their condition and provided with a program of home exercises and activities designed to extend the benefits achieved in therapy.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy available for both children and adults.
- Pediatric Facilities at the Tully Health Center houses a designated pediatric "playroom" for young patients needing short-term pediatric physical or occupational therapy or evaluations.
- Aquatic Therapy in a warm water pool at the Tully Health and Fitness Institute can be utilized for both pediatric and adult aquatic therapy.
- Rehabilitative Psychology provides testing and counseling to patients who need help coping with traumatic injuries, physical disabilities, or chronic pain.
- Lymphedema Management program treats patients suffering from Lymphedema due to complications of surgery, infection or trauma.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is designed to help patients cope with the physical, emotional, and social effects of lung disease.
Provides compassionate, patient-centered care from diagnosis through treatment and post-treatment care. A multidisciplinary team of board-certified physicians, oncology nurses and radiation therapists offers advanced surgical, medical and technological services in a warm, caring environment.
Additional Specialties Include
Blends conventional and complementary medicine tailored to achieve a patient’s personal needs and goals. The center is a consultative service, working with a patient’s physicians, to incorporate appropriate healing modalities into their health and wellness plan. Specific programs are offered in women's health, integrative cardiology, pain management and integrative medicine.
Expert surgeons have the latest technology to perform surgery that is safer, has shorter recovery times and offers a higher likelihood of success than regular open or conventional minimally invasive surgeries. The da Vinci Surgical System enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.