Volunteer Opportunities in Fairfield County
5 local non-profits and how to help
(page 2 of 5)
Cause: Responds to individuals and families who lack the basic necessities or resources to improve their lives.
Available Volunteer Opportunities
- Friday, November 22, Noon — 3pm in Darien, Food Drive. Help sort and organize more than 5,000 pounds of donated non-perishable food.
- Monday, November 25 & Tuesday, November 26, 9am – 4pm in Norwalk, Thanksgiving Turkeys. Help distribute turkeys and Thanksgiving meal fixings to 500 families.
- Wednesday, December 11, 9am — 2pm, Toy Store Set Up. Help set-up holiday pop-up shop; decorate, move and organize toys and books at a local toy store.
- Thursday, December 12, 9am — 4pm OR Friday, December 13, 9am — 7pm OR Saturday, December 14, 9am — 1pm in Darien, Toy Store Shifts Available. Help clients shop for toys, books and board games for their children; wrap gifts, entertain children, clean-up.
- Monday, December 16 & Tuesday, December 17 at the NEON gymnasium in Norwalk, Gift of Giving. Decorate gymnasium with holiday décor for Gift of Giving program where families receive holiday gifts for their children.
- Wednesday, December 18 at the NEON gymnasium in Norwalk. Take down Gift of Giving decorations.
How to Sign Up
Volunteers can sign up at any time but the organization does appreciate knowing in advance.
Who Qualifies to Volunteer
Person-to-Person is currently in need of Food (non-perishable) and brand new toys and board games for the Holiday Toy Store. Suggested Board Games: Monopoly, Sorry, Battleship, Connect4 and Clue. In addition, P2P always needs donations of shopping bags or grocery bags.
The Volunteer Process
One-time volunteers are accepted as well as ongoing volunteers. P2P recognizes that everyone is busy throughout the year and greatly appreciates any time a volunteer can give to the organization.
Janet King, Director of Volunteers, can be reached at 203-655-0048 or janetking@p2pHelps.org
Address and Hours
Person to Person
1864 Post Road
Monday — Friday, 9am to 4pm
Saturdays, 9am to 12pm
76 South Main Street
Monday – Friday, 9am to 4pm
Photo courtesy of Person to Person