Top 5 Benefits of Aloe Vera
Healing powers that go beyond soothing a sunburn
We’re all familiar with the soothing healing powers of Aloe Vera, but its benefits extend way beyond its ability to heal and cool sunburnt skin. While the topical use of this powerful plant is popular amongst sun dwellers, its ability to aid in weight loss and digestion is making this plant the new health fad. Move over coconut water, there’s a new juice in town and people can’t get enough of this sweet smelling plant.
Aloe Vera is most commonly found in Africa and the Caribbean. This plant belongs to the succulent species, which is similar to a cactus in that it holds liquid to survive in its hot, dry climate. However, don’t let this plant’s appearance fool you. Despite it’s spike, spear-like exterior, its insides are quite smooth.
So why are some researchers and health gurus calling Aloe Vera the new “miracle plant”? We’ve got the top five reasons why you need to stock up on Aloe Vera this summer.
- Skin healing properties. The most common form of Aloe Vera is gel, which is found when you break open the plant’s green leafy skin. Aloe Vera gel is often used to treat burns, cuts, psoriasis and other skin conditions. Its ability to reduce inflammation and provide fast cooling relief makes it the go-to product for the summer.
- Improves digestion. There’s nothing worse than feeling bloated at the beach, or anytime for that matter. Aloe Vera juice and gel are both good laxatives and help in combating constipation.
- Helps detoxify the body. What if you could cleanse your body and feed it with healthy minerals simultaneously? With Aloe Vera you can. This new miracle juice helps cleanse the body of nasty unwanted bacteria and gives users a shot of healthy minerals such as zinc, potassium, calcium and iron.
- Metabolic booster. Aloe Vera juice has the ability to boost the body’s metabolism, which promotes weight loss. This fat fighting plant also increases the metabolic rate at which the body stores carbohydrates and fat.
- Helps stabilize blood sugar. Aloe Vera not only aids in weight loss, but it also plays a role in stabilizing blood sugar. By helping generate insulin, blood sugar is kept at a healthy level.
This summer why not try something new. You never know it might just be your best kept secret, but don’t wait too long because this “miracle juice” is gaining quite the buzz.