Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 cup short grain rice (Carolina)
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange zest
- Cinnamon to garnish
- Combine milk, rice, salt and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat.
Beat egg yolks and remaining sugar in a bowl until mixture turns white.
- Slowly pour egg mix into milk and rice, stirring continually.
- Add orange zest, stir and return to low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour into shallow bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Can be served warm or cover and refrigerate.