Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 2 pounds ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground pancetta
- 2 onions, small dice
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup celery, grated
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Saute ground veal and pancetta, remove from pan and drain fat.
- Add to the same pan onions, garlic, celery and carrots, and cook through,
- Add rosemary, thyme and anchovy paste.
- Return cooked meat to the pan and add white wine and reduce.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer 11⁄2 hours.
- Add cream, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with pappardelle or your favorite pasta.