Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
||Aux Delices Gourmet Food
|# of Servings:
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachios
- Sea salt
- 8 ounces orzo (a scant 1 1/3 cups)
- 4 ounces dried apricots (about 20),
- sliced, or 1 cup fresh apricots, (about 4), pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons ginger oil (Bring 3 cups thinly sliced ginger to a boil in
3 cups canola oil. Let cool and refrigerate. Strain before using.)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the nuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven until light golden
brown, six to eight minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add orzo and cook according to package directions.
- Drain immediately and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, mix the orzo with the apricots, cilantro, coriander, scallions
- Toss with four tablespoons of ginger oil to moisten the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the fresh lemon juice on the salad and toss again.
- Adjust the seasoning, adding another tablespoon of ginger oil if necessary.