Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Mediterranean-Style Halibut with Capellini Cake
||Ten Twenty Post
|# of Servings:
- 4 8-ounce halibut filets
- 3 tablespoons chopped herbs (thyme, oregano, parsley)
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces white wine
- 8 ounces of softened butter
- 4 capellini cakes ( recipe to follow )
- 3 cups capellini pasta, blanched
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Press herbs into halibut and pan-sear until lightly browned on both sides
- Finish baking in a 375-degree oven (as needed).
- Saute julienned peppers, olives, capers, salt and pepper in olive oil.
- In a separate pan, reduce white wine and slowly mix in butter; season to
- Place warmed capellini cake in center of plate, top with halibut and spoon
caper-olive-pepper mix over fish.
- Finish the plate with spoonfuls of butter sauce.
- Mix together in a bowl: blanched capellini, beaten eggs, heavy cream, spinach
- Form into cakes (about 1 cup of mixture for each cake) and saute with olive
oil in hot pan four minutes or so each side.