Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Maryland Crab Cakes
|# of Servings:
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup Japanese (panko) bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 1 small red pepper (diced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine crab meat, bread crumbs, scallions, red pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, cayenne pepper and paprika and mix.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice and mix with a spoon; do not use your hands. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into four to five patties.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan and cook patties until golden.