Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Ma Rainey's Roadhouse Chicken Wings
|# of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup spicy Dijon mustard
- 2–3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup seasonal beer, such as Sam Adams Winterfest
- 12 chicken wings, preferably antibiotic- and
- 1 cup fine panko
- Canola oil
- Mildly spicy barbecue sauce of choice
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8 crispy celery sticks
- Combine the honey, mustard, garlic and beer and marinate the chicken wings
for 24 hours.
- Coat each wing with the panko, then lightly fry each in 2–3 inches
of canola oil. Set aside.
- Toss each wing in your favorite barbecue sauce once they are cool enough
to handle. (Coalhouse uses its homemade Bourbon Street Buffalo sauce.)
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with fresh blue-cheese sauce and celery sticks.