Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 1 Cantonese roast duck
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons duck sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 20 ounce can of litchis, drained with 1 1/2 cup litchi juice reserved
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Bone duck and cut into small serving pieces.
- Combine sugar, duck sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, litchi juice and cornstarch
in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil while constantly stirring until thickened.
- Turn off heat and fold drained litchis into sauce.
- Pan-sear duck pieces in heated oil for 2 minutes, and toss a few times.
- Place duck on serving platter, top with sauce and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with selection of stir-fried al dente vegetables (e.g., bok choy,