Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Linguine with Shrimp, Clams and Calamari
|# of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 large shrimp
- 1 pound fresh baby calamari with tentacles, cleaned and sliced 1/4 inch
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste
- 12 clams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 6 ounces marinara sauce
- Oregano, to taste
- 1 pound fresh linguine, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil and saue; shrimp in medium- sized skillet.
- After one minute turn shrimp and add calamari, garlic, salt, pepper and
- Cook on medium heat until garlic turns golden.
- Steam clams separately until they open.
- Pour wine over shrimp mixture and stir for one minute over high heat.
- Add marinara and oregano and cook for another minute before adding clams.
- Place seafood sauce over linguine and toss with sprinkling of parsley.