Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 28 ounces fresh linguine
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 sea scallops
- 8 large mussels, washed and debearded
- 16 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 48 clams, scrubbed
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon mixed dry herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- Pinch crushed hot red pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Bring 2 quarts salted water to a boil.
- Cook linguine approximately 3 minutes until al dente.
- Drain well and place in a warmed pasta bowl.
- Combine sea scallops, mussels, shrimp, clams, garlic, wine and marinara
in a large pot.
- Cook about 3 minutes over high heat, just until mussels and clams open.
Discard any unopened bivalves.
- Remove seafood with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of pasta.
- Stir remaining ingredients into sauce. Spoon over pasta and serve.