Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 1/2 pound of long grain (basmati) rice
- 1 medium size onion sliced vertically
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnut
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice.
- Heat oil and fry onions till golden brown and remove.
- Fry whole spices, turmeric powder, add rice and sauté.
- Add half-saffron dissolved in a little warm milk.
- Add hot water and mix well.
- Cook until grains are separated and done. Finish with remaining saffron
- Garnish kashmiri pulao with fried onions, walnuts and cashew nuts.