Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Hoisin-Glazed Beef Tenderloin
|# of Servings:
- 4 prime beef tenderloin steaks, 8 ounces each
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- Pinch black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 16 large fresh shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 pound Chinese long beans, blanched
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 8 ounces thin dried rice noodles
- 1 cup veal stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Place four steaks in zip-lock bag and pour in hoisin sauce and pinch of
- Seal bag and toss meat until evenly coated.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large saute pan warm one tablespoon sesame oil over medium heat.
- Gently place steaks in pan and sear on all sides.
- Transfer meat to oven and cook to desired doneness: medium-rare requires
5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Heat remaining tablespoon sesame oil in separate pan.
- Saute garlic and ginger. Add mushroom caps and long beans, stirring constantly
and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill 1/3 of a deep pot with vegetable oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry a little of the noodles at a time. When crisp, carefully remove from
oil and salt immediately. Set aside.
- Heat veal stock on stovetop and reduce to one-third.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sweet soy and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Arrange long beans in circle on bottom of the plate.
- Cover with a pinch of fried noodles.
- Gently place steak on noodles and top with 4 mushroom caps.
- Add more noodles and smother drizzle with 1 tablespoon of reduced veal stock.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a drizzle of remaining sweet soy.