Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 2 four-ounce portions tuna
- Salt and smoked paprika
- 1/2 small russet potato, medium diced and parboiled
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/3 small beefsteak tomato, medium diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion, caramelized
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fish stock
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Chile threads (available in specialty stores)
- Sprigs of parsley for garnish
- Prepare grill.
- Dust all sides of tuna with salt and smoked paprika to taste.
- Place tuna on a hot grill and cook until medium rare (one minute per side
- While the tuna is cooking, brown potato in a small amount of oil; add shallot
and cook until it's translucent.
- Add rest of vegetables, salt and additional smoked paprika to taste and
cook for about a minute.
- Deglaze with white wine and boil until almost dry.
- Add fish stock, olive oil and butter, and reduce until sauce thickens.
- Divide the sauce and vegetables between two plates and top each with tuna.