Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- 1 pound codfish (salt cured)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Boil potatoes until tender (al dente in center). Set aside and let cool.
In same water, boil codfish for twenty minutes and set aside.
- Place codfish in a Kitchenaid and
- Whisk into small pieces. Remove whisk attachment, replace with paddle attachment,
add potatoes, egg, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Beat until all ingredients
are combined and batter looks like fluffy mashed potatoes.
- Form 12 croquette-like shape fritters with tablespoon. Set on baking sheet
- Bring vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry frozen fritters until golden brown.