Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Caramel Panna Cotta with Orange and Lavender
|# of Servings:
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lavender flowers
- Lavender honey
- Over medium heat, combine half a cup of sugar and two tablespoons of water
in a saucepan.
- Boil until water evaporates and sugar begins to change color.
- When caramel in color, pour mixture into four ramekins to cover bottom.
- Soak gelatin in two tablespoons of cold water to cover to soften the granules.
- Over medium heat, combine a quarter cup of sugar (or to taste) and all other
ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin to boiled mixture, strain and pour over caramel in ramekins.
- Let set at least five hours or overnight in the refrigerator and serve with