Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Breast of Chicken Braised with Herbs, Ginger and Lemon Vinaigrette
|# of Servings:
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 skin-on boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Mix together the cilantro, candied ginger, and half of the fresh ginger.
- Insert one-quarter of this cilantro-ginger mix between the skin and flesh
of each chicken breast.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter with the garlic cloves in a large sauté
pan with a tight-fitting lid set over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, season flesh-side of chicken breasts with salt and white pepper.
- When the butter is starting to brown, add the chicken breasts, skin-side
down, and cook until skin is golden-brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breasts, then pour off and discard the melted butter from
the pan, leaving both chicken and garlic in the pan.
- Return pan to heat and add 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice and all of the
chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken is cooked
through, about 10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook the chicken or it will become dry.
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside, and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining fresh ginger to broth in pan. Increase heat to high and boil
until reduced by about half, about 7 minutes.
- Pour reduced sauce with garlic cloves into a blender, add remaining 2 tablespoons
butter and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and blend until frothy.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- To serve, slice chicken breasts and divide among four plates. Drizzle with