Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 whole carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 3-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 32-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery stalks and carrots and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add veal and pork to the vegetables until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sauté sauce until the acid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over prepared spaghetti.