Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
Baby Carrots with Ginger and Black Currants
|# of Servings:
- 1 pound baby carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons black currants
- Sea salt and pepper
- Place carrots in a large saute pan or deep skillet with the ginger, stock
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until carrots are fork tender.
- Toss in currants and season to taste with salt and pepper.