Dining out is enjoyable, but wouldn't you like to make restaurant quality meals at home? Better yet, why not make the exact dishes you have enjoyed at your favorite local restaurants. We looked to the area chefs and restaurateurs for recipes to their most popular dishes and they were happy to oblige. We have collected them all in our virtual recipe box and organized them by contributor and category. Bon appetit!
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- Meat of 1/2 coconut, grated
- 1 ounce green chiles
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 ounce ginger
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 ounces zucchini
- 4 ounces green banana
- 4 ounces butternut squash
- 4 ounces carrots
- 4 ounces potatoes
- 4 ounces string beans
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinches fenugreek seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 whole red chiles
- 2 pinches cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Place coconut, green chiles, cumin seeds and ginger in blender and grind
- Stir in yogurt.
- Cut all vegetables into bite-size strips or pieces.
- Heat oil and saute vegetables with turmeric and salt.
- Cook until tender but still firm.
- Add yogurt paste and simmer for five minutes.
- Sprinkle with fenugreek seeds.
- Temper whole red chiles, roasted cumin seeds and curry leaves briefly in
very hot coconut oil.
- Pour seasoned oil over vegetables and serve hot.