Johnny Utah's Opens in Norwalk
East meets Southwest in SoNo's newest attraction
Grab your hat, your boots and two-step on down to Johnny Utah’s newest venue. Following on the heels of its highly successful New York City and Philadelphia locations, Johnny Utah’s swings open its doors on Washington Street in the heart of SoNo.
This is the place where cowboy meets hipster. You’ll find an atmosphere that is youthful, lively and fun-loving. The décor is pure country-western boasting its “Country Proud, Living Loud” motto complete with southern Fairfield County’s only mechanical bull, which takes center stage. The bovine might look tame, but don’t let its cute looks fool ya!
I attended the grand opening event last Friday where music, fun and energy filled the festive air, captivating this youthful crowd. This new nighttime destination offers an authentic Southwestern with creative with dishes like :
- Freight Train Fries (hand cut fries topped with cheese, pulled pork, bacon and scallions)
- Deviled Eggs (hard boiled eggs filled with cilantro, bacon and jalapenos)
- Homemade Brisket Chili, Cowboy Salad (flat iron steak, caramelized onions, blue cheese crumbles and cornbread croutons over mixed greens)
- Baby Back Ribs
- Crispy Fried Chicken
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
- Urban Cowboy (sliced marinated steak, crispy onions and horseradish mayo on a brioche roll)
- Doc Holiday (slow smoked angus beef brisket, Swiss cheese, bacon and Johnny’s BBQ sauce on a brioche roll)
...among many other inspiring choices! There’s surely something to please everyone. The fare is affordable, hand-crafted and available from 11:00am until 11:00pm, which also makes Johnny Utah’s a perfect family destination spot. (I spied plenty of high chairs for even the youngest cowboys!)
Johnny Utah’s also boasts a creative and extensive cocktail selection with Happy Hour Specials available four nights a week. Stop on by on Honky Tonk Tuesday, Country Proud Wednesday, Electric Rodeo Thursday, and Look Pretty, Drink Pretty Fridays where you can order their special $15 boot drinks (served in a glass boot!) and enjoy free bull rides all night long.
80 Washington Street
South Norwalk, CT 06854
For more information on menu, drinks and events visit their website.