Top Five Brunch Restaurants
These favorite locations will give you a reason to get out of bed on the weekend
Crab cake with an avocado and cucumber salad in a crystallized ginger lime consommé
Sunday mornings at our house are lazy. We are usually recovering from some soiree the night before and no one is in the mood to enter the kitchen to get breakfast started!
As tummies start to rumble, we finally start planning a trip to one of our favorite breakfast/brunch spots in FC where someone can pamper us like we deserve and fill our bellies with delicious food - worthy of starting our day right. Here are some of my family’s favorites:
1. Nicholas Roberts in Norwalk is a great spot for creative and unusual breakfast dishes. Chef Rob Troilo is an out of the box thinker. He excels in taking the every-day and giving it his signature twist to make you go “Wow!” Besides the usual and unusual choices of omelets etc, his breakfast menu has an interesting selection of breakfast burritos. How does a Ralph burrito sound, with chorizo, caramelized onions, mushrooms, monterey jack and chipotle? Or the All Nighter with jalapeno, beef short ribs, sour cream and tobasco? Do you see where I am going with this?
2. Blue Bird Inn in Easton offers traditional breakfast food in old country style atmosphere. I love its secluded setting, far away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown. They have pancakes, omelets, eggs any style, hash...you name it! Don’t be fooled by its location though…on weekends, it tends to get pretty full. So, plan on arriving early to snag that table.
3. Sugar & Olives in Norwalk. Hidden away on one of the side streets off of Post Road, this is a very unusual place. The address is 21 ½ Lois Street...need I say more? With a focus on healthy eating using seasonal ingredients the menu is an interesting mix of healthy and decadent. It is a great choice for a group with variety of cravings and dietary needs.
4. Sherwood Diner in Westport is old fashioned American diner…yet with great tasting food. I love their coffee…which I believe is a secret blend. When we have company over, this is a great choice as everyone can customize their orders as much as they like and everyone leaves satiated and happy.
5. Valencia Luncheria in Norwalk is and excellent choice for those who want to boldly go where most don’t dare. Chef Michael Young’s Valencia Luncheria offers breakfast with a South American twist. Ever had a breakfast arepa? Well! There is a quite a selection of those, along with a great selection of omelets, pancakes and more. Does the plantain, ham and queso omelet transport you to Venezuela? Or maybe the brie and mango arepa would do the trick!
Fairfield County Foodie: A Die-Hard Foodie & A Food Blogger
A self-proclaimed chocoholic and an avid eater with a passion for world cuisine, Fairfield County Foodie loves to try out new restaurants while constantly updating her list of favorite go-to’s. With a passion for cooking, she delights in delicious easy to follow recipes that make her guests feel like she has been slaving over the stove for hours. Psst…let’s keep this as our little secret, shall we?
Food Blogger: http://fairfieldcountyfoodie.me
Google+: FC Foodie