Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Warm Fagiolini and Goat Cheese Salad
||Adapted from New Italian Cooking by Scott Conant
|# of Servings:
- 4 ounces soft, fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon each chopped parsley and thyme, and snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup French lentils
- 1/2 cup finely diced potatoes
- 15 each green and yellow wax beans
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 3 cups baby greens
- In a small bowl, mix goat cheese, parsley, thyme and chives. Season to taste.
- Divide herbed cheese into four balls, put them on a small baking pan, and
drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil.
- In a small saucepan, cover the lentils with salted water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook lentils until tender, about
- In a small saucepan, cook potatoes in the same way, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and reserve lentils and potatoes separately.
- Boil green and wax beans in salted water until tender, about 5 minutes.
Plunge them into ice water.
- Drain beans, pat them dry, and slice them lengthwise. Combine the vinegars
and half a cup of extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add beans, potatoes and lentils and some vinaigrette; heat gently.
- Bake herbed cheese for 5 minutes. Add truffle oil and season.
- Divide bean mixture among four plates.
- Place goat cheese on top.
- Toss baby greens with vinaigrette and place on goat cheese. Serve immediately.