Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound veal scallopine, sliced thin
and pounded flat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon demi-glace
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the rolled-up veal in flour, shaking off the excess and saute in olive oil in a large ovenproof saute pan, over medium to high heat.
- Brown quickly on all sides, cooking for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Transfer veal to a plate and cover loosely.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté the mushrooms until they begin to release their juices. Add the white wine, marsala wine, and demi-glace and scrape loose with a wooden spoon all browning residue from the bottom and sides of pan.
- Cook until the wine is reduced by half then add salt and pepper to taste. Return the veal to the pan and cook until sauce is reduced by half and has thickened.
- Transfer the rollatini to a warm serving plate, spoon sauce and mushrooms over it and serve.