Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Tres Leches Cake
|# of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 banana, sliced thinly
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat over to 350 degrees, grease a 9-by-13 baking pan, and sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar together until
- Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
and beat well.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture
2 tablespoons at a time.
- Mix together until
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and
allow to cool.
- Once cool, pierce several times
with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk and pour over top of the cake.
- Whip heavy cream, remaining sugar and remaining vanilla extract until thick.
- Garnish cake with bananas and whipped cream.
- Be sure to keep refrigerated until ready to serve.