Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Tilapia Negro With Sweet Potato Hash and Avocado-Mango Relish
|# of Servings:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and diced yams
- 2 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 /4 cup fresh chiffonade sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh green chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tilapia filets, about 6 ounces each
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan and add yams, squash, peppers and onion.
- Sauté until vegetables soften
and begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the garlic, sage, salt and pepper to vegetable mixture and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable stock and place pan in the oven
to cook until all vegetables are cooked through
but still maintain their shape and a moist texture, about 5 minutes.
- Toss relish ingredients in a medium bowl and
- Mix the salt, paprika, garlic and onion powders, cayenne and black peppers, oregano and thyme
in a shallow dish.
- Coat the filets in the spice mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté fish about 3 minutes on each side, until
fish is opaque and spices are toasted.
- Transfer fish to a plate with hash, top with relish