1 tablespoon good olive oil
1 pound rolled shoulder ham (or daisy ham or Boston butt)
3/4 pound hot Italian sausages, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 pieces)
4 bratwurst sausages, about 1 pound
1 cup diced button mushrooms
I cup diced
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1 pound rolled shoulder ham (or daisy ham or Boston butt)
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausages, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 pieces)
- 4 bratwurst sausages, about 1 pound
- 1 cup diced button mushrooms
- I cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 15 1/2-ounce cans cannellini beans,drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 small hot peppers or more to taste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Tabasco sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the ham and Italian sausage.
- Cover and cook over high heat for seven to eight minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the bratwurst, mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Mix well and cook for five to six minutes.
- Add the beans, tomato, hot peppers (if using), half a cup of water and black
- Return to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and boil gently for five
- To serve, discard the bay leaf and hot peppers.
- Cut the ham into slices and the bratwurst in half; arrange the meat on a
platter with the beans.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with Tabasco and mustard on the side.