Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, julienned
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 ounce cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch turmeric powder
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 12 large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 8 ounces crab claw meat
- 4 pappadams (optional) for presentation
- 1 ounce cilantro, chopped
- 4 lemon wedges
- Warm oil on high heat and saute ginger and garlic briefly.
- Add vegetables and spices and cook until vegetables have lost color but
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and cook until mixture is hot.
- Add shrimp and crabmeat and continue cooking until done, about four minutes.
- Microwave pappadams for one minute and shape into bowls while warm.
- Fill bowls with seafood mixture, sprinkle with cilantro, top with lemon
wedges and serve immediately.