- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 pound rhubarb, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces light brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup toasted oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Melt butter and rhubarb until soft in hot saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add in split vanilla bean and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in strawberries, lemon juice and zest.
- Remove vanilla bean and let rest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place nuts in mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add butter, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs and oats, and mix on low
- Slowly incorporate flour to desired consistency.
- Spread crumble on greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until lightly
toasted. Remove and cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Distribute strawberry-rhubarb filling in ramekins, top with crumble and
reheat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.