Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Spaghetti with Crabmeat,Green Onions and Toasted Breadcrumbs
|# of Servings:
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened butter1 shallot, minced
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound thick hollow spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1 small well-toasted French roll or a piece of baguette (for breadcrumbs)
- In a large saute pan over moderate heat, melt one tablespoon of the butter.
- Add shallot and sweat for three minutes, but do not brown.
- Add white wine and chicken stock and reduce until only two tablespoons liquid
remain and pan is almost dry. Add heavy cream to pan and bring to a boil.
- Cut remaining butter into small bits and begin adding to pan one piece at
- As you add butter, continuously swirl pan to incor-porate butter.
- When all butter has been incorporated and sauce is smooth, add crabmeat,
scallions and cayenne pepper.
- Heat mixture, but do not allow sauce to boil or it will break.
- Add cooked pasta to cream mixture and toss gently so as not to break lumps
of crabmeat more than necessary.
- Spoon pasta into individual pasta bowls and, using a cheese grater, grate
fresh breadcrumbs over pasta.
- Note: The restaurant uses fresh pasta dough cut on an Italian device called