Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter for frying
- 5 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 12 pistachio nuts, crushed
- Trim bread crusts and cut slices diagonally into triangles.
- Fry in hot butter until golden brown.
- Drain fat on paper towel.
- Boil milk and reduce by half, stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and cardamom.
- Soak bread in half of the reduced milk.
- Boil down remaining half of milk mixture to custard consistency.
- Arrange soaked bread in serving dish, nap with milky sauce and sprinkle
with pistachio nuts. Serve hot.