- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line rectangular sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat egg yolks and two tablespoons sugar until mixture doubles
in volume. Add in hot butter.
- Sift flour and cocoa together. Beat egg whites until fluffy but not stiff;
gradually add four tablespoons sugar.
- Stir in flour mixture. Combine egg yolk and egg white mixtures.
- Pour into sheet pan and bake for thirty minutes. Remove cake from oven.
- In a pan over medium heat, combine water and one-third cup sugar and bring
to a boil.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cocoa, mix and bring to a boil.
- Set syrup aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make ganache. In a pan over medium heat, combine raspberry puree,
heavy cream and milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and stir. Add butter. Mix well and chill.
- Cut cake into two squares. Using a pastry brush, spread syrup on one square.
- Spread half of ganache on top and then cover with second square. Add syrup,
then raspberry jam and rest of ganache.
- Serve with fresh raspberries on top.