Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Pecorino-Crusted Sea Scallops
|# of Servings:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar 2cups chopped roma plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter(To make: Melt one stick of unsalted butter
in a small saucepan. Skim off foam. Pour the clear [clarified] butter into
a cup and discard milky residue on bottom of pan.)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook balsamic vinegar until it is
reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cool and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, basil and olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix Pecorino Romano cheese, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dredge sea scallops in mixture until they are completely coated.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium heat, add clarified butter and sear scallops
on both sides, about thirty seconds each side.
- Bake in oven for three to four minutes.
- Divide baby arugula among four dinner plates; top with tomato salad.
- Place three sea scallops on each plate and drizzle with balsamic reduction.