Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Organic Buckwheat Crepe Spring Roll with Smoked Salmon or Lump Crab Meat
|# of Servings:
- Olive oil
- 5 buckwheat crepes
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts
- 6 ounces scallions sliced
- 5 smoked salmon slices (or 1 pound lump crabmeat)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For each crepe, heat a touch of olive oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Cook one crepe on one side only (if making your own crepes, prepare a large,
thin crepee with the batter).
- Then break an egg and spread it out all over the crepe, letting it cook
- Add some shredded Swiss cheese and continue cooking the crepe over low heat
until the cheese melts.
- Add some bean sprouts, some scallions, a slice of smoked salmon (or some
crabmeat) and ground black pepper.
- Fold up the crepe to form a square. Add a touch more olive oil, then roll
the crepee tightly into a tube.
- Slice the roll on an angle to make four pieces.
- Meli-Melo's chef/owner Marc Penvenne serves each crepe on a bed of mesclun
salad dressed with balsamic vinaigrette.