- 4 8-ounce halibut filets
- 3 tablespoons chopped herbs (thyme, oregano, parsley)
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces white wine
- 8 ounces of softened butter
- 4 capellini cakes ( recipe to follow )
- 3 cups capellini pasta, blanched
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Press herbs into halibut and pan-sear until lightly browned on both sides
- Finish baking in a 375-degree oven (as needed).
- Saute julienned peppers, olives, capers, salt and pepper in olive oil.
- In a separate pan, reduce white wine and slowly mix in butter; season to
- Place warmed capellini cake in center of plate, top with halibut and spoon
caper-olive-pepper mix over fish.
- Finish the plate with spoonfuls of butter sauce.
- Mix together in a bowl: blanched capellini, beaten eggs, heavy cream, spinach
- Form into cakes (about 1 cup of mixture for each cake) and saute with olive
oil in hot pan four minutes or so each side.