Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 3 pieces pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons za'tar or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley or cilantro
- 3 pepperoncini, thinly sliced
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Split one pita in half, stack the two halves and cut into eighths.
- Do the same with the two remaining pitas.
- Lay on a sheet pan and let air-dry overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pita triangles in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and the za'tar (or oregano) and toss to coat.
- Spread seasoned pita triangles in a single layer on sheet pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Mix 1/4 cup chopped cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, pepperoncini and olives. Set aside.
- Blend remaining cucumber, garlic, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and yogurt in a food processor to make
a dipping sauce. Set aside.
- Spread half the pita chips on an ovenproof
platter, sprinkle with half the mozzarella and
half the feta.
- Top with remaining pita chips,
shredded mozzarella, and feta cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until mozzarella is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with garnish mix.
- Serve with dipping sauce on the side.