Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Healthy Breakfast Burrito
|# of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (a mixture of portobello, shiitake and crimini)
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 rye, tomato or any available wraps
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cheese slices of your choice
- Fresh tomato salsa
- Low-fat sour cream
- Avocado, sliced
- Fresh fruit
- In a hot skillet, heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil and saute the garlic,
mushrooms and spinach until the spinach is barely wilted.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil and
scramble the eggs.
- Fold the wraps in half and place in a microwave for five seconds to soften.
- Divide the mushroom mixture and eggs in half and spread over the wraps;
season to taste.
- Fold burritos, then top with cheese and place them back in the microwave
for an additional thirty seconds.
- Garnish with fresh salsa, low-fat sour cream and sliced avocado.
- Serve with fresh fruit of your choice.