||San Domenico Restaurant
|# of Servings:
Simplicity itself, this dish is very much in the Tuscan tradition. But without that sprig of fresh rosemary, the dish won't come alive as it should.
- 8 ounces cannellini nani beans or rice beans
- 2 pounds prawns, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- Chopped fresh rosemary for garnish
- Soak the beans overnight.
- The next day, cook them in slightly salted water for about forty-five minutes,
or until tender.
- Drain and reserve two tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- Preheat grill.
- In a bowl, season prawns with salt and pepper and toss with two tablespoons
of the oil.
- Grill prawns about a minute and a half on each side. Reserve.
- In a medium-size saute pan, heat one tablespoon of the oil and add the garlic,
rosemary, tomatoes, cooked cannellini beans and reserved cooking liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about three minutes, until heated
- Divide the beans among four plates and top evenly with the grilled prawns.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and garnish with chopped rosemary.