Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Giovanni’s Perfect Backyard Porterhouse
|# of Servings:
- 2 pounds red new potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound asparagus, thick bottoms snapped off, stalks cut in half
- 4 32-ounce, 1.5-inch thick Certified Angus Beef porterhouse steaks
- Place potatoes, fennel, shallot, butter, red wine, salt and pepper in a 9x13-inch foil pan.
- Seal tightly with aluminum foil and place on medium-high grill to steam, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add asparagus to vegetable tray, stir and continue to cook on medium heat 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Grill steaks to medium rare or desired doneness.
- Remove steaks and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve steak with vegetables and sauce from pan.