Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Elisabeth Pan-Roasted Sea Scallops
|# of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces scallops
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons chives, minced
- Melt butter in saute pan over high heat and sear scallops on both sides.
- Remove with slotted spoon to separate plate.
- In same pan saute shallots until golden.
- Add capers and douse with lemon juice and white wine.
- Cook for 6 minutes to reduce, then lower heat, whisk in cream and simmer
for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve with sauteed garlic spinach and pureed butternut squash.