- In a medium bowl, mix the crabmeat with the peppers, shallot, parsley, mayonnaise,
Tabasco, egg yolk, and salt and pepper.
- The mixture should be loose and moist.
- Form patties the size of artichoke hearts.
- Dredge the patties with breadcrumbs and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean artichokes by stripping all tough outer leaves.
- Remove choke and peel stem.
- As each is prepared, submerge in a bowl of water and lemon juice.
- In a baking pan, place the artichoke hearts with their soaking mixture.
- Add all the herbs, garlic, one cup olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for about twenty to twenty-five
- Remove foil and let artichokes and liquid cool in pan.
- Reserve the liquid.
- Heat remaining half-cup of olive oil in a saute pan and fry crab cakes on
medium heat for about two minutes per side.
- Mix the lettuce, arugula and the tomatoes with four tablespoons of the cooking
liquid, then separate out the tomatoes.
- Divide the lettuce among four plates.
- Place a crab cake in center of plate and top each crab cake with an inverted
- Frame the composition with the quartered yellow tomatoes.