Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Classic Cheesecake with Strawberry Champagne Foam and Strawberry Mint Salad
|# of Servings:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 13 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 ounces ricotta
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 pounds strawberries, quartered
- 6 ounces sugar
- 5 sheets gelatin
- 2 cups Champagne, room temperature
- 1 pound sugar
- 1/2 pound flour
- 9 ounces unsalted butter ounces corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray four three-inch by three-inch bake pans with Pam.
- Make crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs, dark brown sugar and melted butter.
- Pat one-fourth of crust mixture into bottom of each pan.
- Heat in oven until you can smell graham crackers, about eight minutes.
- Make filling: Using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer, beat the
cream cheese until soft.
- Add the half cup plus one tablespoon of sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, ricotta
and sour cream, mixing well after each addition.
- Add eggs and mix until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among the pans.
- Place pans in a water bath and bake for forty-five to fifty-five minutes
until firm in center.
- Cool and freeze.
- Make foam: Toss the strawberries with the six ounces of sugar.
- Place in cheesecloth over a bowl to drain.
- Measure out two cups of juice.
- Soak gelatin in water until soft; squeeze out excess water.
- Place gelatin in strawberry juice and warm in microwave for twenty seconds.
- Stir and heat for twenty seconds.
- Whisk in Champagne gently so it does not bubble over.
- Make tuile: Stir together the one pound of sugar and the flour.
- Melt butter and corn syrup together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a Silpat sheet and bake until golden.
- Divide foam among four bowls.
- Unmold frozen cheesecakes in center of bowls, top with a tuile and a scoop
of strawberry salad (toss eight chopped strawberries with a chiffonade of
mint, a tablespoon of light brown sugar and a dash of Grand Marnier).