Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Chopped Use a Spoon Salad
||The Dressing Room
|# of Servings:
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 one-inch strips of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 small celery root, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into small dice
- 5 cups mesclun or other mixed greens
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan, bring the apple juice to a boil.
- Add the cinnamon stick and the lemon zest, and simmer over moderate heat
until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and lemon zest and pour the liquid into a small
bowl; let cool slightly.
- Add the cider vinegar and shallot, and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the grapeseed oil until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss the celery root, cucumber, carrots, grapes, feta cheese,
mesclun and romaine.
- Whisk the apple vinaigrette again and add to the salad, season with salt
and pepper and toss to coat.
- Garnish with red endives, if you wish.
- Serve immediately.