- Place crust ingredients in food processor and pulse until butter resembles
- Add ice water one tablespoon at a time; pulse once after each addition.
- Dough will start to come together with butter pieces still visible.
- Mold into a disc, cover and cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut off 1/4 of the dough and reserve.
- Roll rest of dough out on a floured surface until 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Place in pie pan, tucking excess dough underneath the lip, crimp with a
fork, cool for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine filling ingredients in a large bowl and stir. Add filling to crust.
- Roll leftover dough on a floured surface to 1/8 of an inch thick, and place
over the top of the pie, pinching the edge to seal with bottom layer. Make
slits on top of pie.
- Mix egg and milk in separate bowl, and brush over top of pie.
- Place pie in 400-degree oven for 20 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees
and bake for another 40 minutes.Cool before slicing.