Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Chatham Day Boat Cod With Ragout of Edamame, Morels, Shiitakes and Roasted Garlic
|# of Servings:
- 1 cup red miso
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cod fillets, boneless and skinless, about 5 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened butter
- 10 whole garlic cloves, roasted
- 8 ounces fresh morel mushrooms or
- 2 ounces dried, softened in water
- 16 fresh shiitake mushroom caps, quartered
- 1 cup shelled edamame Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a nonreactive bowl, place miso, mirin, sake, honey and soy sauce; mix
together until fully combined and smooth.
- Slip cod fillets into marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Marinate cod for at least four hours or preferably overnight.
- Do not allow cod to marinate more than twenty-four hours or fish will start
- Remove cod from marinade and brush off most of mixture, leaving a thin coating
- Rub a baking sheet with one tablespoon of vegetable oil and place cod on
sheet, leaving an inch or so between pieces.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place baking sheet with fish in oven and cook for five minutes.
- Remove cod from oven and turn oven to broil.
- Place cod under broiler and allow fish to brown, about thirty seconds.
- Keep warm.
- Place a saute pan large enough to hold all ingredients over medium-high
- Add one tablespoon of butter to pan and allow it to melt without browning.
- Add roasted garlic to pan and cook one minute.
- Add morels and shiitakes and cook for two minutes.
- Add edamame to pan and cook until heated through, about one minute.
- Season mixture with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Divide ragout among four warmed dinner plates.
- Place a cod fillet over ragout and serve immediately.
Note: At the restaurant, Kelly serves this dish with a mushroom veloute
and carrot foam, but we think neither is necessary to its enjoyment.