Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup minced red pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded and minced
- Rinse shrimp and scallops
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a 4-quart pot.
- Add shrimp and scallops, reduce to a simmer and cook until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and scallops with a slotted spoon, rest these in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes and drain.
- Cut each shrimp into thirds and set aside.
- Blend the red pepper, cilantro and juices in one bowl.
- Mix in the salt, ginger and chiles.
- Stir in the shrimp and scallops.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours to overnight.
- Serve cold