- Rinse shrimp and scallops
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a 4-quart pot.
- Add shrimp and scallops, reduce to a simmer and cook until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and scallops with a slotted spoon, rest these in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes and drain.
- Cut each shrimp into thirds and set aside.
- Blend the red pepper, cilantro and juices in one bowl.
- Mix in the salt, ginger and chiles.
- Stir in the shrimp and scallops.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours to overnight.
- Serve cold