Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
|# of Servings:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile powder
- 2 ounces garlic paste
- 2 ounces ginger paste
- 3 pounds rack of lamb, Frenched
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 ounces minced lamb
- 2 ounces tomato pure
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces dill leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine half sour cream with half of all spices and half
of both garlic and ginger pastes.
- Split lamb chops and remove fat.
- Place chops in sour-cream mix to marinate for one hour.
- Saute onion in hot oil, add remaining ginger and garlic paste, and stir
until golden brown.
- Add reserved spices and cook.
- Stir in minced lamb and tomato puree and cook until semi-dry.
- Set aside.
- Roast lamb chops under the broiler or on a barbecue grill.
- Brown butter, add dill leaves and lamb sauce.
- Nap lamb chops with sauce and serve hot, accompanied by selection of sauteed