Dining In: Local Restaurant Recipes
« Back to the list
Black Mission Fig Tartlet
|# of Servings:
- 1/2 stick butter, soft
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 black mission figs, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Combine butter with sugar, vanilla and flour in medium bowl, and knead into
- Line four greased tartlet pans with dough and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese with sugar, egg and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Spread mixture over tartlet dough in pans.
- Arrange sliced figs on top in overlapping circular pattern.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 25 more minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of gelato.